Restaurant Week, January 17-28
Enjoy three courses for $34.95 per person.
* Kale florets with toasted pumpkin seed pesto, anchovy, lemon, Parmigiano-Reggiano
* RI fluke tartare, winter citrus, finger lime, ginger and scallions*
* Warm carrot and caraway soup with buttered lobster
* Braised veal chuck ‘blanquette style’, mushrooms, pearl onions, potato gnocchi
* Roasted bronzini, endive, parsnip and grapefruit
* Confit lamb shoulder, ragout of winter root vegetables, lamb jus
* Winter vegetable ‘lasagna’, ricotta, spinach, herbs
* Milk chocolate panna cotta, coconut, chocolate brownie
* Orchard fruit bread pudding, salted caramel ice cream
Please visit our sister venture, Persimmon Provisions butchery and artisan foods, in nearby Barrington, Rhode Island.
Our model is the quintessential neighborhood butcher shop updated with a modern aesthetic and culinary sensibility -- high quality meats, hard-to-find cuts, and plenty of friendly tips on how to prepare what you've bought.
Provisions was borne out of Champe's passion for the art and craft of butchery (he was, in fact, a butcher for ten years before culinary school beckoned) and the desire to bring responsibly raised, carefully sourced animals to the local marketplace. The shop features fresh meats, charcuterie, house-made sausages, sauces, stocks, cheese, olive oils and vinegars, dry goods, and a handful of prepared foods (from the Persimmon kitchen). Special orders, of course, are welcome, too. Want your bird brined? Or your roast trussed? In search of a no-fail way to prep foie gras? We've got you covered.
Persimmon Provisions is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The shop is located at 338 County Road (Prince's Hill Place), Barrington, RI, 401.337.5885, www.persimmonprovisions.com.